WHY STEM EDUCATION?
STEM is a curriculum based on the idea of educating students in four specific disciplines — science, technology, engineering and mathematics — in an interdisciplinary and applied approach. Rather than teach the four disciplines as separate and discrete subjects, STEM integrates them into a cohesive learning paradigm based on real-world applications.
The interdependence and relationship that exist between this courses has birthed inventions and solutions to world’s most harrowing problems. It is also the only way to solving tomorrow problem.
Early introduction of children to STEM builds them up to become solution provider.
The core benefits of STEM is best harnessed through Hands-on learning. By engaging in Hands –on- real world projects, students understand how the skills they are learning in the classroom can be applied in everyday life. This approach is called Activity based learning, Project-Based Learning and Problem-Based Learning or APPB-Learning. Schools practicing APPB-Learning experience an increase in student motivation, an increase in cooperative learning skills, high-order thinking and also an improvement in student achievement. STEM Students have the opportunity to be problem solvers, risk takers, critical thinkers, innovators and solution providers by taking position on real world problems, understanding the variables involved and gain a perspective view point of those affected.
• Develops the mind and brain for global scalability
• Develops problem identification and solution thinking in individuals.
• Inspires inventions, innovation and creativity.
• Enhance Activity based learning, Project-Based Learning and Problem-Based Learning.
• Develop 21th century skills of collaborative learning, team work, and communication skill.
WHY TECHBRIDGE STEM HUB?
Our STEM HUB creates a whole child, increases academic performance and balances it with preparedness for after school life. Students engage real world projects, explore and bring to reality their imagination thereby creating excitement, enthusiasm and eagerness to ask questions. The child becomes self-motivated to learning and studying and reduces lack of interest in academics (especially core science as it’s made easy and relatable) by enhancing collaboration, team work, brain development, addressing root causes of boredom and lack of motivation in learning.
• We want to inspire inventions in Africa and by Africans.
• Increase academic performance
• Solve mathematical problem ten times faster.
• Reduce lack of interest in academics (especially science)
• Enhance collaboration and team work
• Help in brain development
• Address the root causes of boredom and lack of motivation.
• Encourage self-discovery and self-motivation to learning